sex, lies and vigorellis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
P

peejay78

ha ha too slow...

new bar tape zim:

1319778766_16dda81477_m.jpg

OP
OP
P

peejay78

i began to sort out my fuji yesterday by reconstucting it with cheap parts so i could sell it. i bought a new rear wheel (which wasn't that cheap), bling gold chain, flat bars, gross red bartape, brake, 16t sprocket and lockring and created this mismatched, evil monster for helmetless frivolity and bike terror:

1321319430_7e89a1399b.jpg

it's so light it nearly blew away. i had to ride it brakeless to the shop to buy the brake. i had to buy some clean pants afterwards.

1320437719_948f752e4a_m.jpg

object lesson in how (not) to pimp up a fuji. i was going to sell it, but now i think i may keep it. it's so wretched i like it.

turbo tim

peejay78 said:
i'm not so keen on deep drop nitto (or other) bars/stem combos...

I've already sourced a Cinelli XA bar/stem combo from ebay. :biggrin:

I'm now at the stage of scouring the shed for things to flog so I can afford to place an order. Anyone want a brand new Ksyrium SL back wheel? Or an Olympus OM1 camera? Some trainspotting books? One of my daughters?

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Is the Olympus camera an SLR?

turbo tim

Yep, immaculate condition OM1 35mm SLR, black, standard 50mm F1.8 lens. Original Olympus strap. Battered but serviceable case.

I've actually got two OM1s , one I bought new in December 1978. Was getting married in early 1979 so thought I'd buy it quick whilst I still had control of my finances.

Got a few lenses too, Olympus Zuiko 135mm, 28mm, plus a Tamron 28-70 zoom, and a Tamron 70-210, both Olympus OM mount.

Not sure which OM to keep, my original one has a very lived in look, black paint off showing the brass body, dents here and there. I think if I was being kind I'd call it "character". Very attached to it. The other one I bought a couple of years back when my wife was making noises about doing b/w portrait photograpghy. After talking to a pro photographer mate of mine I went digital :biggrin:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
turbo tim said:
I've already sourced a Cinelli XA bar/stem combo from ebay. :biggrin:

I'm now at the stage of scouring the shed for things to flog so I can afford to place an order. Anyone want a brand new Ksyrium SL back wheel? Or an Olympus OM1 camera? Some trainspotting books? One of my daughters?

How old are your daughters and are they fit ? :biggrin: :biggrin: :blush:

turbo tim

zimzum42 said:
How much are you looking to get for it?

Hmm. Dunno. I'll have a think.

Daughters are all very fit, especially the middle one. Plays 1st team club hockey and football, trains two evenings a week, plus matches on both Saturday and Sunday most weekends.

yenrod

Not another fixed...

peejay78 said:
i bought a new bob jackson. it is an amazing machine. however, i told my lady that i merely "swapped the frame from my fuji, it only cost about a £150", in a sort of "i bought some new bar-tape" type way. admittedly, i did use my existing wheels, saddle, bars and brake...but it wasn't £150 to get the rest.

does that make me a bad person?

1319778766_16dda81477.jpg

1274397874_f31d7ab947.jpg

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Fixed is best yenners, and looking at your video, it looks pretty flat where you ride.

Get yourself a 48x16 and give it a go!

Top Bottom