Sexiest music instrument

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Like I say, you lot have obviously never had to sit next to a saxophone droning and blaring away whilst you are trying just to hear what you are doing yourself.

Actually, next to a Saxophone, you might as well not play, because nobody will ever hear you over its infernal racket (but conversely, everyone will hear their mistakes).

Sorry, but how on earth is

'MEH MEH MEH MEHHHH MEHHHH MEHHHH'

... played at Gale Force 10 sexy? I don't get it - it isn't even a particularly nice sound when you hear it close up, trust me!

Actually, it is of great surprise to me that all Sax players aren't actually deaf :biggrin:

i just asked my wife and we both said tenor sax in unison .

The Banjo.

'Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo'

Norm

Like I say...
Yes, you are right, you did.

Anyway, my choice depends on how we interpret the question. The sexiest instrument, IMO, is the blues harp. The sexiest combination of "instrument and attractive person of the opposite sex" and percussion does it for me, every time.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yes, you are right, you did.

Sorry, I didn't hear you through being deaf, what did you say?? :biggrin:

Anyway, my choice depends on how we interpret the question. The sexiest instrument, IMO, is the blues harp. The sexiest combination of "instrument and attractive person of the opposite sex" and percussion does it for me, every time.

In the School Orchestra, the coolest people were always the Percussionists, so yes, I can understand that.
Actually, I think it was because they got to play about with various different instruments and seemed to have it relatively easy, whilst we just concentrated on one instrument and had to actually play these things called tunes whilst they just tapped away at and smashed things! :rolleyes:
I now know better.

The instrument I actually have ALWAYS wanted to play is the Double Bass - oh what I would have given to have had the chance to play one of those instead of Clarinet!

Maybe one day.

Bayerd

Über Member

In the School Orchestra, the coolest people were always the Percussionists, so yes, I can understand that.
Actually, I think it was because they got to play about with various different instruments and seemed to have it relatively easy, whilst we just concentrated on one instrument and had to actually play these things called tunes whilst they just tapped away at and smashed things! :rolleyes:
I now know better.

The instrument I actually have ALWAYS wanted to play is the Double Bass - oh what I would have given to have had the chance to play one of those instead of Clarinet!

Maybe one day.

What a picture that paints about the school you went to......:blush:

Trombones are the sexiest, end of.

Bayerd

Über Member

I now know better.

Maybe one day.

What a picture that paints about the school you went to......:blush:

Trombones are the sexiest, end of.

Norm

Hmm... have you ever tried to read percussion music? Compared to the piano, which I play, the drums are way harder, IMO. There are many more instruments (crash, splash, ride, hi hat... and that's just starting with the cymbals) and each one can be played differently (bell, rimshot, hand, sticks, brushes, mallets, rods, etc), different levels of intensity making much more difference on drums than they do on keyboards or clarinet (which Mrs Norm plays).

An artist can get a tune out of the drums, anyone can get a tune out of a piano.

RedRider

Pulling through
I'm gonna swerve Chet Baker's trumpet and plump for this marimba...

hyyyy-150x150.jpg

It's positively tumescent.

Top Bottom