Shall I demolish the half wheeler?

Demolish the half wheeler?

• Nah, leave the nice guy alone!

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Hell yeah, but do it slowly and painfully!

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Just dial in 500 watts and tell him I'll see him later

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
Me and some friends are on holiday and we've hired bikes. When me and this guy (he's a real nice guy andisnt doing this deliberately) ride together, he always half wheels me.

When I level up the wheels, he goes a tad faster to continue his half wheeling.

This is purely for comical reasons and just having a laugh, but shall ii demolish him or just let him continue?

Me and some friends are on holiday and we've hired bikes. When me and this guy (he's a real nice guy andisnt doing this deliberately) ride together, he always half wheels me.

When I level up the wheels, he goes a tad faster to continue his half wheeling.

This is purely for comical reasons and just having a laugh, but shall ii demolish him or just let him continue?
Look at it this way. You are slipstreaming and therefore saving energy. Make the most of it whilst you can.

Drago

Legendary Member
As a point of order, hes being quite sensible. Parallel riding is dangerous - if one comes off, you both do. Half wheeling solves that - if the rear rider goes, no problem. If the forward rider starts to go the rear has greater time and space to react. Therefore, hes clearly a highly skilled rider and just quietly displaying his prowess rather than boast about it.

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
Update: didn't have the heart to do it. Was joined by someone else who wanted to show everyone who the boss was so I let him. After a few minutes of cycling, he decided he was too macho to continue with this silly sport. :smile:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
As a point of order, hes being quite sensible. Parallel riding is dangerous - if one comes off, you both do. Half wheeling solves that - if the rear rider goes, no problem. If the forward rider starts to go the rear has greater time and space to react. Therefore, hes clearly a highly skilled rider and just quietly displaying his prowess rather than boast about it.

Eh? Having your front wheel 35cm ahead of another doesn't confer any safety benefits. You're still side-by-side.

Top Bottom