Shane Sutton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Sky have just tweeted that Sutton has resigned.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I suppose it's possible that he was the only one.

Has he said that the 'gimps and wobblies' thing is a lie?
Pretty much. Then again, Shane Sutton didn't construct the all-white (as of yesterday) website or hire all those regional events officers.

The bigger horror is that it may say something about us (in the widest possible sense). Podium girls? The all-white cast in 'Cycling' magazine? Those revolting Wiggle ads?

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
Pretty much. Then again, Shane Sutton didn't construct the all-white (as of yesterday) website or hire all those regional events officers.

It's an incredibly white sport. The only black cyclists I;ve heard of are Daniel Teklehaimanot (sp?) and Traffic Droid.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
It's an incredibly white sport. The only black cyclists I;ve heard of are Daniel Teklehaimanot (sp?) and Traffic Droid.
well, one cannot argue with that when it comes to elite cyclists, although you've missed the incomparable Bauge.
panoramic365_0036581_000013.jpg

But, while there are many tens of thousands of black cyclists in London alone, and, doubtless, great numbers in every city in the Great Britain, the organisations and periodicals that (please excuse the clumsiest of phrases) sell our dreams back to us simply don't represent this fact.

Top Bottom