Shane Sutton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm an employee of B.C. If I said what's alleged to have been said, I'd be bang in trouble. If he did call the Para athletes "Wobblies and Gimps", then he should get his marching orders. Likewise, if he's made the type of sexist comments alleged, he should walk the proverbial plank. No excuses, but the allegations have to be proven first.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
Team Wiggins - not a chance !!

Wiggo loves Sutton.

I'm an employee of B.C. If I said what's alleged to have been said, I'd be bang in trouble. If he did call the Para athletes "Wobblies and Gimps", then he should get his marching orders. Likewise, if he's made the type of sexist comments alleged, he should walk the proverbial plank. No excuses, but the allegations have to be proven first.
He has 'walked the plank'.
By the way, what's your role at BC?

oldroadman

Veteran
No option, I would think. BC are not the cosy little club they once were, able to do their own thing with impunity. Were they seen to be discriminatory the lottery funding they are dependent on would stop and the gravy train would cease overnight.
A very sensible comment. An earlier poster commented that "they did not have my inside knowledge" - all I have learned is from chatting to old colleagues in the sport, but no-one in what anyone would call "power". The strength of the old grape vine, eh? ;)

CaadX

Oh no ! Don't tell me that bike I bought round the back of the Bikeshed off dodgy Dave and that kit on Ebay was Knocked off !

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Funny isnt it that the Fergie hair drier treatment is held up as good management.
i imagine Shane was probably hired because of his no nonsense approach. I bet Eddie Jones is sometimes a bit rude to the England rugby team, this is just what happens in pro sport.

Funny isnt it that the Fergie hair drier treatment is held up as good management.
i imagine Shane was probably hired because of his no nonsense approach. I bet Eddie Jones is sometimes a bit rude to the England rugby team, this is just what happens in pro sport.

There's a difference between dishing out a rollicking, because the athletes in your charge, aren't doing their job to the best of their ability, and being an obnoxious, sexist, discriminatory arse, though.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
BMX rider Tre Whyte is the latest to voice his opinions on the culture of fear at British Cycling. Again he could be seen as having an axe to grind, but it seems there are many who prefer to remain anonymous who agree with him.
Also this morning a story on the BBC says BC is to investigate allegations of kit being sold online for profit. Whatever next?

CaadX

So while Sutton did the Dirty work Brailsford and Cookson prospered , well I never [shock,horror] ! Sky will have to pull the plug. This gets better and better its made my year.

Top Bottom