shares

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

I've got a share dealing account which they've emailed me about saying there is a special offer of free commission ending at the end of june.

So any shares worth buying?

B&B.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Don't bother with shares. Buy as much property as you can. House prices are going to go through the roof.

i'm soon to sell my flat and buy a house.
But then i won't be able to afford another house on top of that.

My idea with the shares is all about making a quick buck. What's likely to rise in value that i can just stick £100 in and possibly walk away with a couple of hundred in a few months time?

Noodley

bonj said:
i'm soon to sell my flat and buy a house.
But then i won't be able to afford another house on top of that.

My idea with the shares is all about making a quick buck. What's likely to rise in value that i can just stick £100 in and possibly walk away with a couple of hundred in a few months time?

Walk in to a bookies with 100 quid and stick ten quid on the favourite in ten races...

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Good. I was joking. Now isn't a good time to be buying any property.

thought you might have been. But i'm moving anyway, and since i'm buying a new house AFTER i sell my current one (possibly some months after) then if prices will have gone down further in that time then i should gain overall.

But, back to the topic. There must be SOME companies that have got a reason to be doing well over the next few months or year or so?

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Noodley said:
Seriously bonj. the bookies. 10 quid per race. D'ya want some tips for tomorrow?

I'm not going down that game again.
I put some money on at the bookies at 3 nags in the grand national and I thought i'd be clever and choose the ones not necessarily with good odds but whose odds had improved, and neither of the buggers won.

Noodley

bonj said:
I'm not going down that game again.
I put some money on at the bookies at 3 nags in the grand national and I thought i'd be clever and choose the ones not necessarily with good odds but whose odds had improved, and neither of the buggers won.

You don't do The National. What you want is the wee races. I have made a 300% profit this week. Bide your time, take the risk...just like shares.

Noodley

Ok bonj. I shall commit to placing money on these horses:

3.20 Mussleburgh - Sundowner
3.05 Doncaster - Fragrancy
4.00 Epsom (The Derby - since it's on I suppose we I should put a bet on, but it may just be stupid) - Curtain Call
2.15 Hexham - Ballylanigan
2.25 Worcester - Simondium

whether you want to "invest" is up to you...:angry:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

ok great. Now we're getting somewhere.
to win or each way?

and what's your reasoning for thinking they're going to do well?

Top Bottom