shares

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

bonj said:
ok great. Now we're getting somewhere.
to win or each way?

and what's your reasoning for thinking they're going to do well?

Win. No point faffing about.
Reasoning? :rolleyes:;):biggrin: A very quick study of the "form" and the betting, that's about it. What more do you need? :angry:

Honestly, I'll put money on these. <Not a hundred quid, but it will be interesting to see if there is any return...compared to shares. Just as likely to go tits up.>

Abitrary

Noodley said:
Ok bonj. I shall commit to placing money on these horses:

3.20 Mussleburgh - Sundowner
3.05 Doncaster - Fragrancy
4.00 Epsom (The Derby - since it's on I suppose we I should put a bet on, but it may just be stupid) - Curtain Call
2.15 Hexham - Ballylanigan
2.25 Worcester - Simondium

whether you want to "invest" is up to you...:angry:

Go on then, I'll stick a one quid accumulator on those for a laugh as well.

Noodley

Abitrary said:
Go on then, I'll stick a one quid accumulator on those for a laugh as well.

Excellent. :smile:

Puts me in mind of my grandad - when I was a lad I used to get his "line" to take to the bookies. 5p win yankee, every day. No big money, no hassle, an enjoyment..

Danny

Legendary Member
bonj said:
My idea with the shares is all about making a quick buck. What's likely to rise in value that i can just stick £100 in and possibly walk away with a couple of hundred in a few months time?

Unless you really know what you are doing, you are not going to make a quick buck on the stock market right now - shares are falling in value.

You'd be better off putting the money in a Cash ISA, or if you really want a flutter go for one of Noodley's tips.

longers

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
Ok bonj. I shall commit to placing money on these horses:

3.20 Mussleburgh - Sundowner
3.05 Doncaster - Fragrancy
4.00 Epsom (The Derby - since it's on I suppose we I should put a bet on, but it may just be stupid) - Curtain Call
2.15 Hexham - Ballylanigan
2.25 Worcester - Simondium

whether you want to "invest" is up to you...:smile:

I'll have a go at those that haven't run by the time I get to the bookies.

longers

Legendary Member
The results are in:-

Noodley said:
3.20 Mussleburgh - Sundowner 2nd
3.05 Doncaster - Fragrancy Non runner
4.00 Epsom - Curtain Call 10th
2.15 Hexham - Ballylanigan 4th
2.25 Worcester - Simondium 1st

I don't think I'll have enough winnings to buy me a pint, let alone stand you one Noodley :tongue:

Noodley

longers said:
The results are in:-
I don't think I'll have enough winnings to buy me a pint, let alone stand you one Noodley :tongue:

Oh well, back to the drawing board. And no money for beer tonight...:ohmy:

Noodley said:
You don't do The National. What you want is the wee races. I have made a 300% profit this week. Bide your time, take the risk...just like shares.

Oi, Noodley! You weren't so obliging when I asked you (very nicely) to put a tenner on (whichever horse it was now) some donkey in the National a few weeks back! :tongue: I (maybe 'we') would have had a tidy sum.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

well i put a few quid on someof those, and got some of it back on simondium! But didn't gain overall though....but no big loss either, so cheers, noodley- thanks for NOT LOSING me anything :tongue:

what happened to the donny race did it get cancelled?

longers

Legendary Member
Or buy a wood.

I heard a possibly not true story about a farmer who rented some land and the lease was coming to an end and said to the landlord - can I just grow one more crop please? Sure, said the landlord and the farmer went and planted it up with oak ;).

Top Bottom