Shaun, mate !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
He ripped open his Mac and flashed throgh her windows.... :ohmy:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Aperitif said:
It's funny Lee...I'm sitting here trying to think of the name of the super duper (then) disks, which were 'bigger' than floppy but about the size of a square digestive biscuit. And the drive / disk is called..?
I had one of those with an Amstrad... I think it was called the penis disc... 5 1/4 inches (but mine was obviously bigger) :ohmy:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

floppy8.gif

In 1971, IBM introduced the 8-inch floppy disk, initial capacity was about 100K bytes (100,000 characters)

In 1979 the Radio Shack TRS-80 II computer system had an internal 8-inch floppy drive capable of storing 500K of data.

http://oldcomputers.net/floppydisks.html

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
yenrod said:
how com they get served and i dont on my bike.????
Thy're just delivering the food... the two guys are pulling the cart home themselves! :ohmy:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Aperitif said:
They threatened to poo on the drive if they didn't get served. You wouldn't do that would you? :ohmy:

It was a 'laugh' though, going round the drive thru' and the look on the girls face: then a sudden change to MacDonalds stoney faced employee.

Shaun

Founder
yenrod said:

In 1986 when I started work for my first employer (who would employ me for the next 20 odd years) I started on a Radio Shack TRS-80 II computer system with an internal 8-inch floppy drive.

It also had two SCSI hard drives that were the size of a nowadays desktop tower PC. The size of the SCSI disks ... 8MB each.

The backups used to take 30 x 8-inch disks and take more than half a day to complete.

Sorry, just thought I'd share that with you all. :smile:

Cheers,
Shaun :wacko:

Top Bottom