Shaving of leg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I save my close shaves for vehicular traffic.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
You could try shaving the front half of both legs to provide an aero profile to the direction of travel.

Didn't Mike Burrows and Chris Boardman work out that leaving the leading edge hairy, and shaving the side and back of the leg was actually the most aero shaving combo? Apparently it provided a turbulent boundary layer that then flowed smoother in the slipstream. Although I think Burrows said that the human leg is a lousy aero shape to start with.

ayceejay

Guru
Listen if you have hair on your legs this was gods purpose I think you will find a subsection on Strave regarding hirsuteness of legs so you have to decide whether to take the handicap or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Have you considered shaving your eyebrows? This would give year round benefit, even in winter when you're wearing longs.
Rubbish! Mine impart a considerable aerodynamic advantage due to skillful sculpting with the kitchen scissors.

screenman

Legendary Member
Slightly off topic, but it suprises me how many cyclist do not know why some cyclist shave their legs.

Didn't Mike Burrows and Chris Boardman work out that leaving the leading edge hairy, and shaving the side and back of the leg was actually the most aero shaving combo? Apparently it provided a turbulent boundary layer that then flowed smoother in the slipstream. Although I think Burrows said that the human leg is a lousy aero shape to start with.

and I'd always assumed the shaving was to avoid issues with road / plywood rash after an off

Top Bottom