Shed find something a bit different

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
I am clearing out my Dad's shed . My grandad who I never knew ran a hardware shop and did a few cycle repairs so I suspect this is from there so dates from around 1940 to 55 at a guess

So I think it patches tubes by burning the patch on so no glue ,What could go wrong .
There is a fuel cell in the box but it's in bad condition

Dare I try it !!!!!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Give it a go.. What could possibly go wrong?

Thanks.
Particularly for the booklet.
Stresses that repaired tubes can be good as new - so pah to folk who chuck them after a puncture.
Loved the reference to
"The Tyre Manufacturers in Conference"
Makes them sound like the illuminati.

Do report back after lighting the magic lamp.
Any visions, special insights into the nature of the universe, any new special powers.

byegad

Legendary Member
Thanks.
Particularly for the booklet.
Stresses that repaired tubes can be good as new - so pah to folk who chuck them after a puncture.
Loved the reference to
"The Tyre Manufacturers in Conference"
Makes them sound like the illuminati.

Do report back after lighting the magic lamp, Should you survive.
Any visions, special insights into the nature of the universe, any new special powers.

FTFY.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Dear Insurance underwriter
Yes the shed explosion was caused by me lighting a 80 year old fuel cell , But in my defence a bigger boy told me to do it with the expression what could possible to wrong ,Please direct any further correspondence to @PeteXXX Somewhere in Northamptonshire care of Cycle Chat .
Yes I know my claim for multiple bikes seems excessive but several of my internet friend were storing their brand new bikes in my shed

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Dear Insurance underwriter
Yes the shed explosion was caused by me lighting a 80 year old fuel cell , But in my defence a bigger boy told me to do with the expression what could possible to wrong ,Please direct any further correspondence to @PeteXXX Somewhere in Northamptonshire care of Cycle Chat .
Yes I know my claim for multiple bikes seems excessive but several of my internet friend were storing their brand new bikes in my shed
It wasn't me guv.. They made me do it 😂

Top Bottom