Shed Insulation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trigger369

Über Member
Hi folks .
Anyone have there sheds /pain caves insulated? I'm looking to insulate mines and looking the best way to do it .
It's a 10ft×8ft with a peaked tin roof .
Roof has roofing felt under tin. Walls are 18mm t&g with roofing felt sandwich between the t&g and frame. I was thinking of using foil bubble wrap on the inside then a batton on top of foil and add Osb to the batton giving a air gap on either side of foil . On the floor use the foil underlay with laminate floor to finish. Whats your thoughts.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You'd need to batten the floor to maintain an air gap on both sides of a 'multi-layer foil' insulation for it to be effective- foil bubble wrap won't be as effective on its own... and tape all the joints in the insulation... be better to put rigid expanded foam insulation between the timber studs to the walls and roof rafters then batten and tape all joints in a vapour check layer on the warm side or use a foil backed insulated plasterboard liner?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We did our summer house when we built it five years ago. It's only overlap, but lined all the walls and roof with the silvered bubble wrap, then ply lined the walls. It keeps the heat out and the heat in. I've been working in it for nearly 12 months. We lose some heat as one wall is half perspex, but a small oil filled radiator has been enough. My wife stores craft stuff in there and even with it not heated, we've had no damp issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom