Shed security +

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Mine are black, bought from the same place.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I saved money on all that expensive high tech stuff that probably cost more than the bike. I just paid for insurance instead.

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Do the dogs sleep in the shed or the house?
Indoors

Get an alarm mine that fires blank 12 bore cartridges.......
http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/how-to/security/alarm-mines
It might give an intruder cause to reflect while his ears are still ringing.
I don't think my neighbours would appreciate hearing shotgun cartridges going off (even if it was a thief) they grumble when my dogs bark!!
the alarm has a 130 decibel siren I think that will have his ears ringing.

This isn't directed at the OP,but don't we sometimes go a bit overboard with concerns about bike theft? I know we love our machines no matter how much they cost but they are only bikes after all!:smile:
Yes they are "only bikes" but when i've put the hours in and worked hard to buy my bike, car, or Tv I do not want some drug taking little scrote having an easy time of it stealing it out from under my nose. I am also very security conscious when it comes to my home, family and property. I am just the same about my car, I have worked hard to get as new a car as possible and I look after it, I don't have a garage so it is parked at the side of the road outside my house.It has a thatcham approved immobiliser, deadlocks and cctv. I'm sure many of us would agree we just don't like having our pride and joy being taken from us be it car, bike, caravan or something else we might cherish.

I saved money on all that expensive high tech stuff that probably cost more than the bike. I just paid for insurance instead.
Insurance is a must I agree, but as above why should I make it easy for some scumbag to steal my property and it also comes down to the upset and inconvenience caused by your personal property being stolen.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice pair of doggies @steve50 the darker one looks like my old lad Sabor.
For guard dogs though the GSD my mates brother had took some beating, Sheba would let anyone into the house with her tail all awag and demand to be fussed, she wouldn't let anyone out again though.

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Nice pair of doggies @steve50 the darker one looks like my old lad Sabor.
For guard dogs though the GSD my mates brother had took some beating, Sheba would let anyone into the house with her tail all awag and demand to be fussed, she wouldn't let anyone out again though.
Thanks, they are mainly family pets but we don't get many unwanted door knockers or visitors ^_^ the big dark coloured dog is Shadow he is just coming up to three years old, the lighter dog is Lucy (shadows mum) needless to say we do not require a doorbell.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Insurance is a must I agree, but as above why should I make it easy for some scumbag to steal my property and it also comes down to the upset and inconvenience caused by your personal property being stolen.

I was kidding and I agree with you. My shed is locked and alarmed and the bikes are locked Inside. I also live in the middle of the Danish countryside where crime is a stranger.

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
I was kidding and I agree with you. My shed is locked and alarmed and the bikes are locked Inside. I also live in the middle of the Danish countryside where crime is a stranger.
i also live semi rural, the back of my house faces acres of open fields but unfortunately there are housing estates close by and although crime is not rife it does happen hence the reason i am so security conscious.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I know we love our machines no matter how much they cost but they are only bikes after all!:smile:

And in some cases these bikes cost a heck of a lot of money and bikes do mean a lot to some people.

To lock my bikes up in my shed I have 3 heavy industrial chains with heavy padlocks, 3 big D-Locks, 2 steel cables and 3 other cable locks. If any scrote tries to have a go, then he's going to have to bring a multitude of tools and be prepared to spend a huge amount of time trying to break them all.

Top Bottom