Shed theft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
A couple of my neighbours have had their bikes nicked recently. One was stolen from a stairway from where anyone has access but the other was stolen from a locked concrete outdoor shed. I keep my 3 bikes in an outdoor concrete shed which has a mortice type lock on it. Other than getting a ground anchor what other advice would you give as I am now paranoid and tempted to bring my babies into the house.

Also can anyone suggest any good insurers for such a thing, I am with the ctc but that only covers 3rd party liability if I hit someone.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
you could always lock them to each other, and make sure they aren't visible from windows etc. Maybe the local police may advise.....

Oh and insurance wise check your house policy - you can get house insurance that'll cover your bikes in sheds/garages etc (and elsewhere too)

My new bike was stolen from a locked shed within the first week of being collected from LBS.

Household Contents insurance replaced it after a simple phone call the same day (it was less than £500).

Shed now has a metal 'hitching rail' securly fixed the full length. Bikes are chained to rail and to each other. Now 4 bikes in the shed so I hope it works.

I had a blacksmith make me a U shaped steel tube with four 2 inch bolts that went into the wall and the bikes were locked to that.

I also bought a battery powered alarm with a door/window opening sensor, which had a surprisingly loud screech and the battery lasted about 12 months.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have a 25ton lifting shackle set into 6" of concrete base in my 'shed'. The shackle is about 55mm diameter bar and very hard. It is set in such a position that makes it hard to swing a hammer at or apply leverage to as it would also make a very good anvil.

Bigtallfatbloke

My Garage is fully alarmed with a hook up to the local nick.

Top Bottom