Shifter Barrel Adjusters for Indexing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dubhghall

Probably a stupid question, but . . . . .

I am in the process of swapping my Shimano STI shifters, front and rear mechs to SRAM. The SRAM rear mech has a barrel adjuster but there aren't any at the shifter end so there is no adjustment for the front mech. When I spoke to the lbs they said my frame should have barrel adjusters on the cable stops at the top of the downtube but I don't! They said I must have an old frame then - is 2008 old?

I am putting my Shimano gruppo onto a second frame so can't pinch those, any other bright ideas please? Can you buy these barrel adjusters?

Thanks in advance

D

Some of these in-line cable adjusters.

I just bought a frame which came with these. Will fit them over weekend.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
dubhghall said:
When I spoke to the lbs they said my frame should have barrel adjusters on the cable stops at the top of the downtube but I don't!
If your frame doesn't have bult in stops, then you'll need some bolt-on ones that fit on to the downtube gear lever bosses, like these. I'm guessing these are what you're shifting over to your other frame wth your current Shimano shifters.

OP
OP
dubhghall

dubhghall

Tollers said:
Some of these in-line cable adjusters.

I just bought a frame which came with these. Will fit them over weekend.

Many thanks guys much appreciated - they're the fellars! ;)

I have stops on the headtube / downtube join but they aren't threaded to take adjusters. The in-line ones are perfect. Good to know those screw in ones exist, I would have never known that!

Oh for some decent weather!

Top Bottom