Shimano 105 10 speed R/Hand shifter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newts

Veteran
You are more predisposed to patience than me. I'd be really quite cross! Have you been offered an exchange bike, a refund, compensation for loss of use, or any other remedy?

No offers of help in any form, only abrupt emails when i requested information (very politely) as they weren't keeping me updated on the situation.

I bought the bike online in early 2019 as it was £700 cheaper, they were offered the chance to meet me part way but declined to shift even £1.
This may be influencing the situation.
The LBS became involved when the first round of bike (bearing) issues presented & the manufacturer arranged & paid for them the repair.
Naturally they were approached when the shifter problem arose & happily agreed to rectify. I'm not well known to them as a customer but have spent in excess of 1.5k with them since taking up cycling again.
It's not their fault the shifter is in short supply, but i do feel they were obstructive & unhelpful when i suggested a way forward some weeks ago.

monkers

Veteran
No offers of help in any form, only abrupt emails when i requested information (very politely) as they weren't keeping me updated on the situation.

I bought the bike online in early 2019 as it was £700 cheaper, they were offered the chance to meet me part way but declined to shift even £1.
This may be influencing the situation.
The LBS became involved when the first round of bike (bearing) issues presented & the manufacturer arranged & paid for them the repair.
Naturally they were approached when the shifter problem arose & happily agreed to rectify. I'm not well known to them as a customer but have spent in excess of 1.5k with them since taking up cycling again.
It's not their fault the shifter is in short supply, but i do feel they were obstructive & unhelpful when i suggested a way forward some weeks ago.

@newts

Hi

If I may be so bold? I'd be mightily pissed off with this situation. I think I'd make a temporary repair to make the bike usable, and if they refuse to compensate for the cost, then I think I'd be making use of the Small Claims court.

I think a reasonable solution is to fit 105 R7025 shifters in place of the Ultegras until they become available. There are some ex-display discounted ones available here.

https://www.triuk.com/search/r7025

Good luck whatever you choose to do.

newts

Veteran
@newts

Hi

If I may be so bold? I'd be mightily pissed off with this situation. I think I'd make a temporary repair to make the bike usable, and if they refuse to compensate for the cost, then I think I'd be making use of the Small Claims court.

I think a reasonable solution is to fit 105 R7025 shifters in place of the Ultegras until they become available. There are some ex-display discounted ones available here.

https://www.triuk.com/search/r7025

Good luck whatever you choose to do.
I'm very pissed off with the situation.
As the bike is in their possesion i'm reluctant to put too much pressure on, i'd like it back in the pristine condition it was handed over to them in (bar the shifter). If anything Shimano/Madison should be offering a solution but they're not known for being overly helpful.

Top Bottom