Shimano 2300

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Surlydave

Über Member
Can anyone recommend a replacement for Shimano 2300 rear Mech, which I need to replace on my Specialized Tricross. There are 8 speeds on the rear cassette.
Many thanks.

RebornBumbler

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Claris is made for 8 speed. Works fine for me, but if you're thinking of going for a front mech in Claris, then be aware that you will get a grinding sound in your highest gear...it's just noise though and won't cause any damage...or so I'm told....

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Any grinding sound in your top gear would suggest to me that your mech isn't set up correctly.

Ah, quick update on that and a slight revision to that irksome post of mine - popped into the LBS to ask about it as they owe me some indexing (had some bits done last week and they love a bit of aftersales care) and it was a mixture of a couple of things...the tensioning needed a slight adjustment on the front mech as my wire had stretched out, but once done there was still a slight grind...

"show me how to trim" he goes...so I showed him and he had a giggle...I was pushing the lever too far and missing the trim function...half a click on the lever and it popps the mech over a tad...big "doh" moment but that's that one solved...Claris front mech's are fine...and now so am I :smile:

OP
OP
Surlydave

Surlydave

Über Member
Many thanks for info, will check out prices.

Top Bottom