Shimano 2300

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Hi, been looking around for my next bike and have seen a few with the above gears,not heard anything on here about this it's mainly sora tiagra etc. Are they any good or should I be aiming a bit higher, cheers.
btw the bike are both from Specialized the Tri-cross and the Secteur.

kyuss

Veteran
I believe 2300 is below Sora in the Shimano heirarchy. Probably quite similar to Sora from a couple of years ago. It doesn't actually look that bad but personally I'd aim higher if my budget allowed.

MajorMantra

Yep, it's the absolute bottom of the branded hierarchy. The only thing lower would be non series stuff found on very cheap bikes. I'd aim higher too.

Matthew

peanut

potsy said:
Hi, been looking around for my next bike and have seen a few with the above gears,not heard anything on here about this it's mainly sora tiagra etc. Are they any good or should I be aiming a bit higher, cheers.
btw the bike are both from Specialized the Tri-cross and the Secteur.

which Tri cross are you looking at.? there appear to be two one at £600 and one at £1200.
If its the £600 bike the spec I saw showed Sora STi levers and tektro brakes and RPM crank ?
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/H...o hopefully join some club runs . many thankshttp://www.bikemagic.com/news/article/mps/uan/4603

The suspension carbon fork sounds like pure fantasy to me. Why choose a carbon fork then insert a suspension component in the middle to soften the ride ? surely that defeats the object of using carbon in the first place. might as well use steel or Ali

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
oxbob said:
That's the one cheers oxbob.
Peanut I currently have a Trek 7.1fx which does me fine for a 1st bike but I'm looking for my next 1 as a present to myself if I reach my target weight and the Tricross looks ideal but may now go to the sport version which looks a bit better specced (tiagra and deore lx) for £850
http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/product/specializedtricrosssportroadbike2010.aspx?&id=12073

oxbob

I have just ordered the base model, it will be my new winter/commute hack. i would have gone for the "sport" but they have hiked the price £150 without any noticeable change in spec from 2009

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
oxbob said:
I have just ordered the base model, it will be my new winter/commute hack. i would have gone for the "sport" but they have hiked the price £150 without any noticeable change in spec from 2009
What do you use now as your winter bike bob?
I'll probably use the Trek and have the tricross as my spring/summer bike.
Like you say though seems a big jump in price for not a lot more(£80 at leisure lakes),maybe there will be deals later in year.

oxbob

Hi potsy, i use a Giant scr 3 at the moment or my Kona Kula if its snowing ;)

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Just been to my lbs and had a quick go on an Allez,very nice.Did not have the sport version in my size which is the one I'll probably go for.
He seems to think they will take mudguards anyone done this on theirs?

Top Bottom