Shimano 8 speed mtb/flatbar shifters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

loveandpeace1

Wanted "Shimano 8 speed mtb/flatbar shifters". Possibly going flat bar on my hybrid.
Thanks guys
All the best

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Wanted "Shimano 8 speed mtb/flatbar shifters". Possibly going flat bar on my hybrid.
Thanks guys
All the best
How desperate are you ? im looking for 8x3 shimano drop bar shifters to do a drop bar conversion on my subway .

Tommy2

Über Member
cyberknight, if you two don't come to an agreement I would like to convert my wife's bike to flat bar, it's currently 8x3 shimano sora, so need shifters, possibly just do a swap for bars and shifters complete?

cyberknight

cyberknight, if you two don't come to an agreement I would like to convert my wife's bike to flat bar, it's currently 8x3 shimano sora, so need shifters, possibly just do a swap for bars and shifters complete?
What age condition ?
The subway is maybe 18 months (?) old and had probably done less than 500 miles so the shifters on it are pretty mint , what sort of bike is your wifes as she would need a mtb front meh to work with the front shifter and i need to swap mine too a road triple .

Tommy2

Über Member
Her bike is a Trek ladies road bike, can't remember how old it is, basically the original owners wife must have done less that 50 miles, my wife did 6, and her sister has done maybe 20 on it, it has spent it's life in a conservatory, my loft and then her sisters hallway.
The shifters have a couple of slight scuffs from leaning up against a wall.

I actually have a carrera subway 1 that has done 20 dry miles that I don't need, I was considering swapping the bar and shifters from that but was unsure if the acera? Shifters would work.

cyberknight

Her bike is a Trek ladies road bike, can't remember how old it is, basically the original owners wife must have done less that 50 miles, my wife did 6, and her sister has done maybe 20 on it, it has spent it's life in a conservatory, my loft and then her sisters hallway.
The shifters have a couple of slight scuffs from leaning up against a wall.

I actually have a carrera subway 1 that has done 20 dry miles that I don't need, I was considering swapping the bar and shifters from that but was unsure if the acera? Shifters would work.
Pretty much sound like what i plan to do afaik the rear shifter is fine , the front shifter on mtb an road and mtb have different cable pulls so you need to swap mechs.If the subway one is the same as mine with tektro disc brakes you may need travel adaptors as sti brakes have a different cable pull to mtb levers although i cant say for sure as some cable disc brakes can work .
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/v-daptor-for-front-or-rear-silver-alloy-per-pair-prod83/

Top Bottom