Shimano Altus Part Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trax

Good morning,
Can anyone provide help with how I can obtain a replacement for the part shown in the picture? The part is from a Shimano Altus rear derailleur. It fractured when the derailleur became lodged in the spokes. I have tried writing to the Shimano address in Middlesex, but my letter was returned as "addressee gone away".
Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.
WP_20181024_20_41_15_Pro.jpg

That is not a Shimano part but a derailer hanger, a part of the frame. These are purposely made weak so that an accident like the one you had, doesn't harm the frame.
You'll find the part from the company that made your frame. Your bike shop should be able to source one for you. They are specific to frames, so don't go there with a photo or a sample, they need to know what frame it is.

Ajax Bay

Guru
As well as the details of the bike and its frame (take the bike if you can), take the broken hanger with you. Local bike shops will have a selection of hangers but quite often not the one you want (you might be lucky). I'd be most surprised if they can't obtain a hanger for you, unless the bike/frame is esoteric. £20? Is the rear derailleur OK? Damage to the spokes?

Top Bottom