Shimano, Campagnolo, SRAM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shimano as it's what I've used for years without problem or issue, and I for one like the way it looks and feels.

I dislike Campag but TBH this is based purely on the agricultural feel, (and thumb shifters), of a Veloce groupset I once bought, and TBH I've never used a Campag equivalent of my Shimano kit for a like for like comparison.

Sram? It's simply never been an option on any bikes I've bought, and frankly I just don't fancy the double tap idea, (although it clearly works and is easy to adapt to). I nearly bought a Sram Red chainset once, but I read quite a few reviews saying it had more flex than what I was using at the time, and as a big guy that's just not an option for me.

At the end of the day it's horses for courses, and my course is Japanese :thumbsup:

Last edited:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Campagnolo here, just feels right, never tried Sram, don't like Shimano levers.

Reactions: 4F

choplee

All my bikes have shimano of some sort ... i have tried campy ,but didn't get on with the thumb tag and sram i have also only tested once and the double tap is good ,but do seem to get on better with shimano lever setup and have less issues with being on the drops and changing gear and like the multi gear up changing on the shimano :cycle:

SS Retro

Campy rear mech, Shim front mech operated with Sram double tap levers........ think that's it all covered.:evil:

Last edited:
Reactions: eck

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I've got no beef with either Shimano or sram, I'm not keen on the double tap shifting system that SRAM use but it works, I prefer shimano shifters (I've only ever used sora/tiagra/105). (I'll not bring the SRAM grip shift into this, although I have it on one bike and it's fine) I've never used Campag .

OP
OP
Boyfrom64

Boyfrom64

Veteran
I would be keen to hear the views of anyone who has either swapped from Shimano to Campag / SRAM or has bikes with Shimano and Campag / SRAM on how easy it is to get on with the Campag thumb and the SRAM double tap shifting system?

I know of people that have swapped from campag to shim
And bikes that have been traded in because they have campg fitted... and they could nt be bothered changing the group set !... I have campag it takes some getting used to via shifters

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Been looking at Dolan bikes and the groupset choice is just making things harder :tongue: Sram Rival, Campag Veloce, or Shimano is an option but only upto Tiagra but don`t like the shifters.

Top Bottom