Shimano cassette question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I don't think Shimano do put their brand name on cassettes, just a code number. A Shim user might know different, though.

bonj2

I can't SEE one on my cassette, but it might be round the other side, or covered by dirt. I think it should be on there somewhere, though, iirc.
But if the seeds of suspicion have been planted in your mind, best to nip it in the bud before the sapling becomes a tree. Send them back, they won't mind. If it is, it probably won't even be parker's fault. They'll just give you a refund, so just get on from a trusted LBS like I did with the SRAM powerlink chain.

kyuss

Veteran
Just took a look at the 3 old cassettes I have sitting here. Only one of them has any kind of marking on them (even the lockring). At less than half rrp it could be an OEM product (originally made to be put on a complete bike but the extra stock sold on in bulk to retailers). I'm sure it will be fine.

Canrider

Guru
The 'pattern' is the patented Hyperglide shaping of teeth to allow adjoining rings to engage the chain at the same time (for more accurate shifting).

It's from Parker, they've got a reputation to maintain, I'm sure it's genuine. Most likely it's so cheap because they don't have much demand for them and are trying to move them out the door as quickly as possible.

Top Bottom