Shimano Claris (2300)8 speed STI triple mini groupset ( no crankset) sold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve T

Veteran
Hi all,
I have the STI levers, band on 31.8 mm front mech and medium cage rear mech, taken off a bike I upgraded a while back and been gathering dust in my shed ever since. Pictures below but all worked fine when I took it off. 630027

Last edited:
Which version of Claris please?

OP
OP
S

Steve T

Veteran
Its in the shed at the moment but I'm fairly certain it said 2400 on the levers under the hood, its a gunmetal grey in colour on the mechs with silver not black levers. Definitely the wash line variety not under the bar tape levers but IMHO they work slicker than the under the bar type but not as pretty.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Steve T

Veteran
Confirmed as the older 2300 type Claris - make me an offer as its gathering dust ATM along with 4-5 other more expensive group sets which I will put up in due course.

Boopop

Guru
Sorry, I can't help but be a pedant - the shifters are Claris level but at this point they didn't actually have a model name other than just 2300. Compatible with any 8sp set up though.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
if they are the old 2300 aka thumb shifters i will pass , thanks anyway

Received today. All good. Thanks very much. Looks identical to the groupset that came on my Muddyfox Race 200 road bike except its for a triple chainset. I've got a road bike with a triple chainset with suicide non-indexed shifters so that chainset might get repurposed (Specialized Sirrus Triple) and I've got an old Tiagra double that might go on that bike.

Top Bottom