Shimano Clipless pedals and Shoes help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Ah thank god for that. :thumbsup:

Ill get some SPD with a wider "platform" this should make it slightly better for me as I like to feel a pedal rather than just a cleat. Thanks for your help:cheers:

The A600 also come with new SH51 Cleats as well. If you want multi release you need to order some SH56 cleats.

I prefer the SH56 but see how you get on.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive got double sided SPD's on my Defy as I want the option of riding it in normal shoes aswell as clipping in . The TCR has SPD/SL just because they are lighter and the bike is pretty much used for going for a ride rather than going somewhere . Having said that I did change them over for the double sided SPD's on my way to Eel pie island to see a mate . I nipped into the bike shop and they took the piss out of me ^_^ They had a point but I wasn't going to walk around a muddy boat yard in SPD/SL shoes or wear the shoes while I had jeans on !

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If you want a wider platform spd that is still double sided then you could look at m530s
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-pd-...m_medium=base&utm_campaign=uk&kpid=5360507430
I use those on the commuter and the A600`s on the nice bike where single sided is not so much of an issue as i rarely unclip on longer Sunday rides , TBH not a lot in it for feel once your clipped in but the A 6001s are lighter but it can take a few seconds to flip the pedal if you catch it wrong with the shoe but the m530s being double sided tend to click straight in.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
A lot of club riders use SPD pedals just like yours on their road bikes - mainly because the shoes tend to be much easier to walk in. I would keep the pedals you have for the time being, get used to using them, see how you get on with them and maybe change to the A520s or A600s in the future.

Peteaud

Veteran
These shoes can take either SPD or SPD-SL cleats should you want to try a SPD-SL setup. I've got the r088 shoes that do the same as I was thinking of trying SPD-SL but TBH I'm happy using SPD on my bike.

Tony.
You can try spdsl also quite cheaply by getting some exustar pedals.

If you have flat bottom shoes then spd cleats make walking a bit dicey, you can now get adaptors to make walking easier.

Top Bottom