Shimano Deore M615 Hydraulic Lever Replacement?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
My lad complained of his back brake not working last week, and between himself and a mate tried to fix it. So now it's Dad's to repair:laugh:

I've stripped the lever as far as I can, and looking at the manual it's not really designed to be stripped beyond where I am at. The piston in the caliper is loose, not along it's length but on it's axis, which suggests something is not quite right.

I'm leaning towards a straightforward replacement, but struggling to find somewhere with identical stock, so can I simply switch for another Shimano hydraulic lever? I'm reading about I-spec and all sorts which muddies things, it's just a brake lever, no shifter attached.

Any help appreciated.

Drago

Legendary Member
When one of my Deore hydro levers went US I bagged a set of SLX levers from ebay. Fitted, bled up, worked fine.

I love hydros on MTBs, but I'm not blind to their shortcomings. When the lever went, and i also discovered ipthat it isn't fully strippable I suffered an outbreak of tourettes and gazed wistfully upon the 25 year old cable set up on my Alpinestars. When the going's good they're great, but when its not...

Anyway, SLX levers good.

Top Bottom