Shimano Di* do and do not.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Started to build some more seatpost battery packs which are improvements over previous versions with better quality wiring as standard, I'm also able to offer a number of different battery capacity options and still retain in bike charging for 10 speed Dura-Ace Di2
Also available now is 10 speed ultegra seatpost battery conversions, although you have to take the seat post out to charge it... Any questions PM me

ziggys101

Über Member
V do you have a standard way of configuring the handlebar cable setup I'm finding the rear brake cable is getting caught on the control box but cant seem to work out a better way of organising the cables and control box.

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

I do have standard way of doing this Ziggy, are you running dura or ultegra? And what bike it is... can you confirm when sitting on the bike what side your rear brake is?

ziggys101

Über Member
I have Ultegra on a Canyon Aeroad and the rear brake is on the left, entry into the frame for the rear brake and control cables are also on the left shown on attached photo

Attachments

• IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

I connect the junction box to the front brake cable and connect the loom clip to the other side of the front brake cable

rps20130216_201846.jpg

You can see the junction box attached on my Tarmac, with the loom clip not attached yet

standalone

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

The method shown above is the one suggested by Shimano, any other option such as attaching to the stem or rear brake cable makes the control panel to hard to view for testing imho

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

If you would like me to make suggestions on your routing Ziggy, take a pic of the front of your bike around the Di2 area and stem and I would be happy to give you my thoughts

ziggys101

Über Member
All sorted now from looking at your picture I realised what had gone wrong and managed to sort it. Just after Christmas I had a bike fit and as part of that I had my stem lowered this inturn had made the front brake cable to bow too much and this was fowling the other cables. I just shortened the cable outer and everything now moves freely. Its amazing how some things are so simple that you miss until you see it from a different perspective (your setup).

Thanks for your help.:thumbsup:

ziggys101

Über Member
Right I know I am about to open myself to ridicule but it's worth it if I learn a valuable lesson and it helps someone else. After months of telling my fellow Sunday riders who ask about what happens if the battery on your Di2 runs out that only a fool would ever be in that position. You guessed it today I was that fool, even though I knew last week it needed charging I forgot and then 10 miles from home was wondering why my front mech was no longer working. I can now confirm from experience that when the battery is very low the front mech stops shifting but the rear still works and I managed to get home on the fastest section of the ride by spinning furiously as I was limited on the small ring.

I wont do it again :whistle:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Right I know I am about to open myself to ridicule but it's worth it if I learn a valuable lesson and it helps someone else. After months of telling my fellow Sunday riders who ask about what happens if the battery on your Di2 runs out that only a fool would ever be in that position. You guessed it today I was that fool, even though I knew last week it needed charging I forgot and then 10 miles from home was wondering why my front mech was no longer working. I can now confirm from experience that when the battery is very low the front mech stops shifting but the rear still works and I managed to get home on the fastest section of the ride by spinning furiously as I was limited on the small ring.

OOOPS

redcard

Veteran

Can't you just keep going on the same charge and let us know how long the rear mech lasts? ;)

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

Never ever had a battery go flat on me, but I have failed to connect a battery properly which resulted in the shame of pushing my bike stuck is a high gear up a big hill in front of various people who remind me of the moment at every opportunity.

Top Bottom