Shimano Di* do and do not.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob H

Eat, Sleep, Climb, Repeat
After some expert opinion advise.....

Just installed Ultegra 6870 to my bike, after the raft of youtube videos of how toos i picked up on a particular video that the guy have set up his shifting never to fully cross chain. ie if in the big ring never go onto the largest rear and vise versa with the small front and little rear. is this done through the etube software?

I've googled to death but just cannot find this mentioned anywhere.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I think its called synchro shift.

After some expert opinion advise.....

Just installed Ultegra 6870 to my bike, after the raft of youtube videos of how toos i picked up on a particular video that the guy have set up his shifting never to fully cross chain. ie if in the big ring never go onto the largest rear and vise versa with the small front and little rear. is this done through the etube software?

I've googled to death but just cannot find this mentioned anywhere.

U

User33236

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have an original version of the Di2 which has never worked properly since I got it almost 5 years ago. The shop I bought the bike from, the Shimano distributors and Shimano Singapore have all had the bike back multiple times and they've had the bike for over a year between them in that 5 year period. The problem is sudden discharge of the battery. If it's fully charged when I ride it's always fine but I can never risk trying to do a second ride later in the week without charging it again. Any ideas what's wrong because clearly no one at Shimano does?

I'm going to give them one more chance and then insist that they change the whole system but if anyone else has experienced something similar it might help speed up the process.

PS I have a second battery as an emergency spare so unless I'm very unlucky with two faulty batteries I doubt it's that.

I had the same problem and did a search and found it is more than likely the wire that contains the battery charge light (the one that connects to the wires that come from the levers and also goes into the main loom). I took the bike to my LBS and they put it on their DI2 diagnostic set up and confirmed that was the faulty wire. I replaced the wire and no problems since. It seems to be a fairly well known problem (I found 5 or 6 people with the same problem)

Top Bottom