Shimano Di* do and do not.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Mr H will be along in a minute with a whole diagnostic of your system. He's a font of knowledge.

Doubt it. he hasn't visited the forum since March.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
and stop biting your toenails , its not a good view !

Fausto67

• Intermittent Shifting
    This is usually a symptom of the standard battery being mounted externally on the frame set, in an area which is exposed such as the downtube or around the chain stays when your bike gets wet you can get moisture on the battery terminals, clean the the battery terminals and protect the battery contacts from further moisture. Shimano sell a special grease for this purpose (I use petroleum jelly but this is not a recommendation) I have equally seen standard battery setups wrapped in cling film which I would not advise as although this keeps water out, It can also help keep it in. Im not a fan of WD40 or similar as it places a glaze on the battery and makes it look terrible.

Thanks for posting all of this info. Do you have any advice for a front shifter that has inexplicably stopped working? Everything is charged up and plugged in as far as I can see... Could a big rain be a problem? Thanks!

Massivecompacthalo

Hi, I'm running Ultegra 6770 Ui2 and as I do a lot of climbing here in Catalonia, I'm interested in the climbing satellite shifters. But they are silly money and damn ugly! Ive trawled the tinternet and there a number of pages with diy solutions but does anyone know of a suitable option that can be bought? I'm useless with electronics and soldering and that sort of thing! Does anyone here make a diy option that they sell or can advise on?
Cheers in advance.

Tritwins

Hi,

I have an original version of the Di2 which has never worked properly since I got it almost 5 years ago. The shop I bought the bike from, the Shimano distributors and Shimano Singapore have all had the bike back multiple times and they've had the bike for over a year between them in that 5 year period. The problem is sudden discharge of the battery. If it's fully charged when I ride it's always fine but I can never risk trying to do a second ride later in the week without charging it again. Any ideas what's wrong because clearly no one at Shimano does?

I'm going to give them one more chance and then insist that they change the whole system but if anyone else has experienced something similar it might help speed up the process.

PS I have a second battery as an emergency spare so unless I'm very unlucky with two faulty batteries I doubt it's that.

Top Bottom