Shimano EW-WU111

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
I'm looking at getting a Shimano EW-WU111 so that I can link up my Di2 and my Garmin Edge but they only appear to be available from unknown (to me) stores.
I'd prefer to buy from a 'reputable' source, or at least one that I've heard of, does anyone know of such a place? I'm prepared to take advice on the unknown sources if anyone has had dealings with them and can recommend.

Also, if anyone has gone down this route; I'm assuming the gadget does not come with a wire and so I'll need to get one of those too. I'm hoping to tuck it away somewhere in the frame out of sight. Can I just disconnect the wire from the battery in the seatpost and wire the EW-WU111 in series?

Cycleops

Legendary Member

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
That links says EW-WU111 but the picture is of the older unit so I'll message them to see what it is they'll actually send if I buy it (the old one is Ant+ but not Bluetooth I believe).

As for the wires; I know you don't need a wire to connect it to your Edge (or iPad) but you do need to wire it into the bikes Di2 system and, as far as I understand, you do this by unplugging any wire in the system and slaving in this unit, to do that requires an additional short wire to close the loop again - although I stand to be corrected :smile:

Top Bottom