Shimano PDA600 Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy

zexel

Veteran
Funny you mention these. I see the A600's for the first time just the other day and so wished I'd got them instead of the A520, purely for the colour :tongue:.

I've got the RT81's too.

Functionally they look the same as the A520's and I would guess that the A600's too are weighted towards the rear so that you don't need to look down, just slide your foot forward knowing that the rear of the pedal will be lower. Does that make sense!? Hope so.

I went from XTR SPD and it hasn't been a problem in the slightest getting used to them.

Just checked the weight of A520's 318g as opposed to 286g for the A600's.

Oh and the A600's look like they have better bearings too.

Edit: Looks like a damn fine price at £46, shame it's Ribble, but I'd think 'd go with them for that price.

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
i've got a pair, the nice silver grey colour scratches off really quick, but apart from that they're nice and smooth and easy enough to clip in and out.

this is after about 300 miles:

IMG_0749.jpg

rossjevans

Forgive my ignorance, but what benefit does having a single sided cleat mechanism on these pedals bring, as the non-cleated side does not look usable? To me it looks like you have the inconvenience of clipping in on a single side but without any of the convenience of being able to use normal shoes or pedal unclipped?

I have some RT81 shoes on order but yet to decide which pedals to use - the M324 were looking most favorable to me at the moment but still open to suggestions.

zexel

Veteran
Forgive my ignorance, but what benefit does having a single sided cleat mechanism on these pedals bring, as the non-cleated side does not look usable? To me it looks like you have the inconvenience of clipping in on a single side but without any of the convenience of being able to use normal shoes or pedal unclipped?

I have some RT81 shoes on order but yet to decide which pedals to use - the M324 were looking most favorable to me at the moment but still open to suggestions.

The reason I got my A520's (similar to A600) is because I was getting 'hot-spots' on my XTR SPD's after about 40miles and the supposed benefit of these type is the wider platform which supports/spreads the pressure on the foot.

zexel

Veteran
i've got a pair, the nice silver grey colour scratches off really quick, but apart from that they're nice and smooth and easy enough to clip in and out.

this is after about 300 miles:

[attachment=3909:blush:MG_0749.jpg]

Ahh yeah, see what you mean about the colour. Makes me kinda glad that I got the A520's. I don't think I could of dealt with that, cos I'm kinda OCD like that :laugh:

(Apologies for double post)

rossjevans

The reason I got my A520's (similar to A600) is because I was getting 'hot-spots' on my XTR SPD's after about 40miles and the supposed benefit of these type is the wider platform which supports/spreads the pressure on the foot.

Very interesting, thanks for the info. I guess this would be similar with pedals such as the M520. With this in mind I think my best choice would be between M324 and the A520 (A600's are a bit above my budget).

Apologies if I've hijacked this thread, back to the A600's...

Top Bottom