Shimano road hydraulic bleed problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Velochris

Über Member
Hello,

Searching the forum I could not find a similar query. Apologies if I missed it.

Shimano Rs685 shifters and Rs805 calipers.

I have bled Shimano mountain bike brakes before, as well as the road ones above on my other bike.

I do it as instructed from bottom up. On my winter bike, the fluid will not push from the syringe upwards. However, if I fill the fluid bottle at the top and pull the lever, fluid will flow out of the caliper.

Reading elsewhere people have suggested altering the reach (already set at maximum) and free stroke. None of these make any differnce.

The only difference on the winter bike is the hydraulic cables both came supplied with the quick/easy connector. Could these be the problem, or has anybody had the same experience?

I could install new hoses without the quick connectors. Looks better, but I want to try any easier and cheaper solutions first.

Thanks.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Do have to release the bleed nipple ? I`ve got the fugly RS505 levers and clunky post mount RS785 calipers I think ? I do recall a bit of flaff first time bleeding, but unscrewing the bleed nipple helped a bit to push the oil up ? Might have that wrong ?

OP
OP
Velochris

Velochris

Über Member
Do have to release the bleed nipple ? I`ve got the fugly RS505 levers and clunky post mount RS785 calipers I think ? I do recall a bit of flaff first time bleeding, but unscrewing the bleed nipple helped a bit to push the oil up ? Might have that wrong ?

Don't think so. I've opened it far more than normal, but still no joy.

Top Bottom