Shimano RS11 wheels - valve hole not central?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Butty1972

Bought a new bike, noticed that the hole for the valve isn't quite central? It's slightly nearer the drive side? The front one is fine, it's just on the rear.

Unless this is some incredible new 'drive-side stiffness' innovation, can i assume it is just poor quality control? Should I get it replaced? could it damage the inner tube, and perhaps by association, me?

jay clock

Massive member
The bike wheel lean heavily to that side. Saw it off now

Bought a new bike, noticed that the hole for the valve isn't quite central? It's slightly nearer the drive side? The front one is fine, it's just on the rear.

Unless this is some incredible new 'drive-side stiffness' innovation, can i assume it is just poor quality control? Should I get it replaced? could it damage the inner tube, and perhaps by association, me?
Believe it or not, but it is some incredible drive side stiffness innovation. Not new though.
Funny enough, the valve hole is exactly in the centerline of the rim. It is the spoke bed that's offset to the left by 2mm.
Like always with these new things, the one, and only question to ask is: What problem does that solve?

Top Bottom