Shimano RS700

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut

OP
OP
F

fattony

So I have been having a look around and found the RS700 for a decent price, website is legit but would the wheels definitely fit the Giant Propel and would this be a worthwhile upgrade from the stock wheels?

please see attached, I’m intending to put the 25mm GP4000 tyres on them

Alternatively please suggest a wheelset worth of the upgrade, I could just get the front wheel buckle sorted but if there’s an upgrade I could do then I’m happy to

thanks

Attachments

• 45051DDC-9566-4444-B032-176768FC9B1A.png
    45051DDC-9566-4444-B032-176768FC9B1A.png
    33 KB · Views: 10

jpj84

Veteran
They're an odd fit for a Propel - you have an aero frame, and they're very un-aero wheels. They'll work fine, but will look a bit out of place on the bike, and won't really exploit its main selling point.

Can you stretch to some Prime 50mm wheels? They're in the region of £500 I think. You're probably looking at paying at least that much for 'aero' wheels (i.e. those of depth 50mm or greater).

Or, you could ignore all that malarkey, and get the shimano wheels - their wheels are usually great, and will work perfectly well.

OP
OP
F

fattony

That’s great thanks, this is what I’m after some advice on what’s better, I’ve read the stock propel wheels aren’t that great and I have a buckle in the front wheel anyway so if I can find something that will fit with my 25mm GP4000 I’ll take it.

do you have a link to the prime 50mm wheels your proposing or is it this

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/prime-rr-5...sLWShXyR6i_IdeC0k1xoCf4UQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Cross winds will be a nightmare won’t they, carbon bike carbon wheels?

Top Bottom