Shimano RS81 wheel set

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Last Thursday my wife gave me a Shimano RS81 wheel set for my birthday, I didn't know she was going to do this it was a nice surprise. They seem like great wheels but I cant find any user reviews on them.

Anyone here got a set? Any thoughts?

Biker Joe

Über Member

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I deliver to a bloke at work who has these rims on his Ribble Alu winter bike he rates them he got them last year unfortunately he hit quite a sizable pot hole on his first ride on them and popped a spoke rims didnt come with rim tape so that was a bit messy. His lbs contacted Shimano who offered up a new pair straight away and paid for tube and tyre replacement so cant argue with that.The new ones (with rim tape) have been flawless he likes his grub and rides in all weathers and he says they are still running true and smooth.

Hope you get Mrs P a bunch of flowers you lucky bugger :thumbsup:

Last Thursday my wife gave me a Shimano RS81 wheel set for my birthday, I didn't know she was going to do this it was a nice surprise. They seem like great wheels but I cant find any user reviews on them.

Anyone here got a set? Any thoughts?

The RS81 comes in three rim depths - 24, 35 and 50mm - which set do you have? Either way, they won't be hugely different to the previous RS80 wheels, so a search for reviews of those will give you the general idea.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The RS81 comes in three rim depths - 24, 35 and 50mm - which set do you have? Either way, they won't be hugely different to the previous RS80 wheels, so a search for reviews of those will give you the general idea.

I dunno what size I've got ill have to check. :wacko:

Broadside

Guru
The RS81 comes in three rim depths - 24, 35 and 50mm - which set do you have?.

The c24 & c50 are the version they did while rs80, I would be very happy with the c24 rs80. If somewhere still has them in stock next spring I will be buying a pair.

I take it that the 35's are new for the rs81 range?

Top Bottom