Shimano Shoe Sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I am trying to find some Shimano MTB shoes (non-SPD) and have come up with a couple of models, the MP56 and MP90s. However, despite some pretty frantic searching I can't find a shop which sells them. There are loads online, at pretty good prices, but the thought of spending cash online only to discover they don't fit is now bugging me.

Question is therefore this: What are Shimano sizes like? I have size 10.5 feet, but very often have to resort to a size 11 'cos my feet are wide. Are Shimano's a generous or tightish fit?

Alternatively, does anyone know any shops in the West Yorks area, or Solihull area (long story) where I can either buy the right pair or at least cheekily try them on before saving a bit of dosh online......

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Shimano's are a tight fit, I have to get a size larger then my normal footwear.

Bodhbh

Guru
Just had this problem myself, looking for some MT90s but none in-stock in the local shops: I tried some MT41s in Evans and got a comfortable fit in size 44 with some thick socks, so bought some MT90s in the same size from ChainReaction. They are a tight fit. :blush: Think with shoes buying online is a bit of a risk whatever you do, just have to make good use of the returns policy.

e-rider

crappy member
Shimano shoes are narrow - I usually take a UK10 (or sometimes 11) and I find that a Shimano 46 is fine BUT still quite narrow! If you have really wide feet DON'T buy shimano shoes - simple!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I also find Shimano narrow, if you have wide feet try Spesh...

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
Hairy Jock said:
I also find Shimano narrow, if you have wide feet try Spesh...

Spot-on Hairy! Tried some Shimano in my usual 45. No chance. 46 were long enough, but still too tight. 47 were wide enough but sloppy round the heel.

I finally bit the bullet and tried on a pair of Spesh Taho. 46 fit like slippers, and have prompted me to get some eggbeaters as well. So my £50 budget grew to £90............... sigh. Had great fun learning to fly the pedals yesterday!

Top Bottom