Shimano SL-M2010-9R & Shimano Deore RD-M592-SGS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

New Ebike yesterday with the above shifters & derailleur 8 of the 9 shifts are fine but it won't go into the 2nd largest cog, the chain sits on top of the cogs, is there are way to adjust?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
New as in 1st owner bought from a retailer, or new to you second-hand bargain?

if the former then don't mess and get it back to the supplier to sort out!

If second-hand then check the usual suspects 1st, cables, hanger alignment, make sure indexing is spot on, etc.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Brand spanking new, but the retailer is 150 miles away, I knew it was a risk but the saving was very persuasive

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I know that but as it's £30 fuel & more importantly to me 6 hours driving I was wondering if there are any adjusters or setups that I can look at before doing that, it's fine on all the other 8, I could understand it if it was the top or bottom cog, but being 1 down has thrown me.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Just check the derailleur is set correctly and fine tune the cable.

I supect its not been set right at the small cog, it needs to go a fraction past center outboard when looking at it, slacken off cable and adjust with the screw.
Re tighten cable and try again.

Check you tube for a walj through if needed, very helpful when struggling with accurate set up.

Enjoy the ebike sir:smile:

Last edited:

iluvmybike

Über Member
Look for a local mobile cycle mechanic who will come to your home and do it for you

Top Bottom