Shimano Sora 7-speed shifters... serviceable?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Hi Knowledgeable folks
Does anyone know if Shimano 7-speed shifters (double, STI 3300) are serviceable? One of my shifters is kaputt (won't change down, and bike shop guy says nowt can be done not serviceable), and apparently they only come in pairs... what with bar tape etc, it's a veritable arm and a leg :rolleyes:

Also, is it worth me keeping the one that wasn't bust (ie shifter for rear derailleur)?

One of those days... also car up the spout and dodgy boiler! Woe is me! :tongue:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not as far as I know - no STI or Ergo's are repairable - ebay might be a good try to get one shifter - often see them sold singularly, probably due to similar issues.

CotterPin

Hi Fnaar,
I have taken Sora 7speeds apart but I am afraid I have never actually been able to put them back together. There were lots of fiddly bits that popped out and didn't seem to be able to go back in again.
In the end I bought a new pair but fossyant's suggestion sounds good.
Cheers
Stephen

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Landslide said:
As an interim solution, use a downtube shifter for your front mech and keep using the STI for the rear?

Cheers for the suggestion... left it with bike shop anyway... pick up Tuesday...

Top Bottom