Shimano Sora Sti ST-R3000 Gear Shifter Brake Lever 9-speed Right Black

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobsinatra

Über Member
Hi

I am looking for this part as unfortunately my gear shifter has broken.

It needs to be cable break, not a hydraulic break.

I have found one on ebay, but the seller is in Germany.

I am based in Hertfordshire, is this a difficult gear shifter to come by?

The left gear shifter is still working fine, even though the bike is relatively old (2010 - Boardman Race Road Bike)

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

vickster

Legendary Member
Right shifters often break more quickly as they get used more.

Searching on brake rather than break might help the search too :smile: although I don’t think hydraulic Sora shifters actually exist!

You may however find you need to buy both
Eg https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25592981...B+rXmSfw3vCjRzNexMaKgeipC4|tkp:Bk9SR6r4weO4YQ
(or get the one from Germany) or upgrade to a newer version (if there is one).
Try a wanted ad in the selling part of the forum, someone might have something knocking about

OP
OP
bobsinatra

bobsinatra

Über Member
Right shifters often break more quickly as they get used more.

Searching on brake rather than break might help the search too :smile: although I don’t think hydraulic Sora shifters actually exist!

You may however find you need to buy both
Eg https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255929816265?hash=item3b969b14c9:g:QnIAAOSwZGpjxHIy&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAsAys40qvt2OV9dyfnk3NJTXtxpp+bQqeci8/h6pw144G1xbQ75s2vpEtUhUF3hFOnOOM0auwTnYqR7JUNO3Gv5tV5XN2tCEFrEUMM2Hr4k3Ieq0SWa5hYcqOupz+P7iIHL00dI0wGCTV+jXuEkK1B2wwWQ+rrCVeLJ56pAiILH3lmktEkh3YSGPboO3+BEzKdzUX2IrB6wVctYfhgHB+rXmSfw3vCjRzNexMaKgeipC4|tkp:Bk9SR6r4weO4YQ
(or get the one from Germany) or upgrade to a newer version (if there is one).
Try a wanted ad in the selling part of the forum, someone might have something knocking about

Thanks for your help Vickster

OP
OP
bobsinatra

bobsinatra

Über Member
Amazon and Condor have pairs new, you don’t mention whether it’s a double or triple. Around £150

Hi Vickster

When you say double or triple, is that in relation to the left gear shifter?

From memory, I have 3 movement options on my left gear shifter.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have a look on ebay

For example - Ebay Sora Levers

I used "shimano sora 9 speed shifters" as the search string

Those don’t look like road kit that the OP is after, ie brifters (brakes and shifting in one STI lever), but rather separate brake and gear lever as used on flat bar hybrids or mountain bikes

OP
OP
bobsinatra

bobsinatra

Über Member
Amazon and Condor have pairs new, you don’t mention whether it’s a double or triple. Around £150

Is for a double.

Top Bottom