Shimano ST-F51 Gear shifter wrong gear count.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Z

zakitc

As stated, why do you need to know, to me it is just a gimmick. I have them on one of my bikes but can't read them anyway as I need distance glasses for cycling!

Well, I won't - but bike is for my son - and he is still learning what speed to use when - and inidcators helps.....

Reactions: C R

figbat

Slippery scientist
Well, I won't - but bike is for my son - and he is still learning what speed to use when - and inidcators helps.....
With respect, it would be better to teach him by feel than by numbers. When does it feel like you need to change up or down? If you're struggling to pedal, change to an easier gear. If you are spinning your legs fast, change to a higher gear. This method is universal across geared bicycles and doesn't require you to take your eye off the road/trail to try and read an indicator.

OP
OP
Z

zakitc

With respect, it would be better to teach him by feel than by numbers. When does it feel like you need to change up or down? If you're struggling to pedal, change to an easier gear. If you are spinning your legs fast, change to a higher gear. This method is universal across geared bicycles and doesn't require you to take your eye off the road/trail to try and read an indicator.

I understand your point of view, but frankly - we are not riding bikes that offten - so they are usefull, with time - it won't matter probably.
But for beginner - it's okay :smile:

Top Bottom