Shinagnolo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jiggerypokery

Über Member
Ooook, I am so gonna regret asking this because it flies in the face of so many cycling dictats that I may as well be a Catholic boy pledging allegiance to the Queen!

Can I, big pause, fit Campag levers with Shimano 105 10 speed groupset. I'm sick of all the cables and I am no way forking our for the Shimano 2009 groupo so my best bet is to Shimagnolo what I have now which is my Planet X carbon diva.

Will this be easy, can I do this myself, what Campag levers do you recommend?

Do I need..... http://jtekengineering.com/shiftmate.htm

RedBike

Nope. Well not if you want your gears to work right.

There are a few fudges (like fastening the cable in the wrong place) and gadgets around. i've no idea how well any of them work.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get down tube shifters - light, fast, can do front and rear mechs with one hand in a split second, weigh less....quids in........... or is it me that's still OLD school !!!!!!

OP
OP
jiggerypokery

jiggerypokery

Über Member
Carbon frame Fossy, no where to put braze-ons and I sure as hell aint putting no jubilee clip type thing on the down tube :biggrin:

Any way.... I'm NEW skool :sad:

yenrod

fossyant said:
Get down tube shifters - light, fast, can do front and rear mechs with one hand in a split second, weigh less....quids in........... or is it me that's still OLD school !!!!!!

[MEGA-FONE] Future calling Fossy, future calling Fossy come on' Fossy the Future needs you ! :sad:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The link to Jtek Engineering will give you the device you want to make it work perfectly, somewhere around £21 posted I believe.

Why does someone always jump in with downtube shifters? They are pure CRAP.

fossyant

Steel is real - gave a carbon equipped Scott Addict roadie a real - up yours last weekend...... and with DT shifters...... kick your ass I will !!!!!!

Future......missed that I did............Shimanagins have only taken till the new DA 7900 to do concealed shift wires - can't have sticky out wires on Frank........only £1200 spondoolies for the new groupset..........I'll stick with me old stuff 7400 ..ta and all !!!!!

fossyant

Smokin - never had a problem with indexed shifters......!!!!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
fossyant said:

No, its not just you, get rid of all this shimano and campag stuff and get some sachs huret yeah !

Mortiroloboy

I was led to believe that the only way to do this was with the STI's/Ergos matching the RD. i.e. Campag Ergos+Campag RD. If you are going to do that why bother with Shitmano in the first place. Just go with CAMPAGNOLO ;)

briank

A few months back I was toying with the notion of using Campag levers with Shimano derailleurs and nearly went down the road of Jtek's Shiftmate. I couldn't see how it worked though and emailed them. Got a prompt, helpful and convincing response.
Still looks a bit naff though!

GrahamG

Guru
I've got a similar set-up waiting to build onto a frame - 2006 Chorus ergos & triple crankset/BB, centaur front mech & brakes, then all shimano 105 at the rear with a JTEK shiftmate. That way I get the preferred shifters and a loverly crankset without the higher cost of campag cassettes, rear mechs and greater choice of compatible wheels/hubs. I think the whole set-up has cost me about £350 but at least I got exactly what I wanted.

Top Bottom