Shinagnolo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris James

Über Member
jiggerypokery said:
Ooook, I am so gonna regret asking this because it flies in the face of so many cycling dictats that I may as well be a Catholic boy pledging allegiance to the Queen!

Can I, big pause, fit Campag levers with Shimano 105 10 speed groupset. I'm sick of all the cables and I am no way forking our for the Shimano 2009 groupo so my best bet is to Shimagnolo what I have now which is my Planet X carbon diva.

ALL the cables? - you are only going conceal two of them but cost yourself a load. Just stick with the Shimano for the moment and replace it when it fails (i.e. never).

The correct term is ShimErgo !

FWIW - I run post 2000 Campag ergo's(9 and 10 sp) with pre-2000 Campag 9 sp rear mechs and Shimano cassettes (as they're much cheaper) and it works a treat for both 9 AND 10 speed(I use a Campag 9 sp rear mech for the 10 sp and that works ok too).

I considered a JTEK - but decided against it as it spoiled the clean look of the bike.

GrahamG

Guru
jiggerypokery said:
GG, if you're using the Jteck solution would you mind letting me know how you get on?

Certainly will - although when that is will largely depend upon the waiting time for the frame I order (might be custom).

k-dog

I seem to remember posting this somewhere here in the last few days but I can't see it.

The new Dura-Ace shifters have the cable routed under the tape - you could always cough up for some of those and it would work perfectly with 105 AFAIK with no fiddling.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
k-dog said:
I seem to remember posting this somewhere here in the last few days but I can't see it.

The new Dura-Ace shifters have the cable routed under the tape - you could always cough up for some of those and it would work perfectly with 105 AFAIK with no fiddling.
The new Dura Ace groupset will NOT be compatable with existing sets.

Nick1979

Have you though of the SRAM shifters? I've read rave reviews in the press about them, and they have clean Campy style cables. I don't have a clue if they are compatible with Shimano gruppi though.

OP
OP
jiggerypokery

jiggerypokery

Über Member
The Jtec website does do an SRAM compatible widget for SRAM shifters and Shimano everything else so it is a thought.

I've not looked at SRAM shifters but will do so now...my bike is just going to be one almighty abomination, people will stare, i will be taklked about behind ctwitchy curtains, my parents will shun me, my son will be shunned at Tiny Talk.

I don't know if I can go through with this! ;)

Any one on here got SRAM and like to give an opinion on how good they are?

Top Bottom