Shipping to oz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think he paid over £600for it. But having checked a few companies this maybe only option
It'll probably cost a fair chunk of that to ship even without the hassle. Is it quite new...used prices in UK are strong, I'd sellfor him and send the money.

I more meant if it was like £5k!

Ajax Bay

Guru
Ali is 'just' a parent researching how much it might cost for their son to get his bike over. All of you who are parents of grown-up children will know that its parental instinct to at least be seen to 'do your best'. The downside is when 'they' expect you to fund it as well!

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Regarding cleaning, it doesn't have to be a deep clean, but you do have to be meticulous. Adding new tyres rather than try to clean older ones, as suggested earlier, is a wise move, however, by removing the old ones and sending just the wheels (carefully packaged with bike) would save over a kilo. Just a thought.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A guesstimate would be around £300 by DHL or reputable courier. DHL have an on line quote machine if you know the dimensions/weight, they'll even pick up from you but you must have a printer. Don't be tempted to use Aramex. I'd say it's hardly worth it given the value.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
It's a monumental pain in the backside getting a bike Down Under even if you're flying there yourself, and the bike is boxable, and it's a Brompton! It really would be easier to get one out there.

Top Bottom