Shirt to Work? How?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigBadAl

Regular
Just about to start regullar 6 mile commute to work. I am expected to wear shirt and tie. As a fat knacker I can't cycle in my work gear for that distance I'll be in a muck sweat when I get there! Plan is to cycle in and shower at work. But how do I transport my shirt so it doesn't look like a crumpled tissue when I put it on? Your experience/advice would be appreciated! I did think of using vacuum pack type bags but not sure if it would work os if they made then small enough? Cheers, Al

sabian92

Über Member
Wrap it round a clipboard if you have one :biggrin:

Raging Squirrel

there's a shirt box you can buy, it's like a hardshell case for a shirt, seen in the Cycling weekly a few weeks ago......or just drive in one day with an array of shirts for the week

Keith Oates

Janner
Just fold them normally and transport inside a plastic bag. When you take them out, there may be some small creases but after you've worn one for a short time you body heat will help to get rid of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G2EWS

Either, when I have to drive I take them in or my Wife does. Along with underwear. I have a spare pair of shoes also in the office.

If you are like me and own a LOT of shirts, you can leave loads at the office.

Regards

Chris

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
iron it then fold then roll it along with socks pants and trousers
put in a carrier bag
put it in a carradice saddle bag
ride to work
sorted

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You don't need any messing like get someone to drive them in and stuff.

Just fold it with your undies, place in plastic bag, roll or fold again if needed, and put in pannier or rucksack. Dead simple. I do this every day. Trousers can go in and out each week and you can leave a suit jacket at work if need be.

I also travel to sites and ned shirt tie. Works fine.

Top Bottom