Shirt to Work? How?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tadpole

Take a rucksack, put all your day to day stuff in the bottom, and roll your shirt and place it at the top, when you get to work hang it up ready for use the next day and use the one you took in the day before, I've been doing this for years and so long as you let the shirt hang, it doesn't look any different than one that you put on before driving to work.

rb58

Enigma
^^ This. Folded normally, transported in rucksack. Left to hang overnight. Never had a problem with creases. I also swap suits the same way - clean one is gently folded for the journey, then left to hang for following day.

are you showering when you get to work?
reason I ask is that if you hang the shirt somewhere close to the humidty of the shower, the creases will fall out (I will point out that it gets rid of all creases, so if you need that smart just ironed crease in the arms, its not going to work) but the only other option is to get shirts that don't need too much ironing/any ironing and let them hang before you put them on.

400bhp

Guru
I think you can see there's a few different ways to do it.

If using Fossy's "stuff it down your underpants" method, make sure you aren't wearing the underpants.

Personally - I use an eagle creek pack it bag, bring in shirts once a week in a rucksack and take the dirty ones home. Socks and duds go in my saddle bag each day. Towels and trousers go in the rucksack as and when needed. I do have a big locker at work though.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
^^ This. Folded normally, transported in rucksack. Left to hang overnight. Never had a problem with creases. I also swap suits the same way - clean one is gently folded for the journey, then left to hang for following day.
I likes that idea.

One of my direct reports is a young ex-Army officer. He's 6' 6" and rides a brand new bike2work carbon trek. All his shirts are hand- custom- made as he can't get ots to fit. He's ended up bringing an iron and iron board in. You can take a boy out of the army but you can't take the Army out of the boy.

J.Primus

I leave a suit jacket and trousers at work and swap every so often.

Monday morning bring 4-5 shirts (if you have dress down Friday) in my rucksack and hang them up first thing when I arrive, bring a used shirt home each evening, pants and socks can go in the bag every day.

I find if they're folded and laid into the bag carefully and hung up as soon as I get in they look fine.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Lay the shirt on flat surface. Bring the sleeves across so they are pointing at the bottom hem. Fold in half from bottom to top. Roll from side, place in saddlebag on top of folded and rolled trousers. Been doing this for 15 years now with no problems.

Not tried it with a suit yet but may be doing so in a couple of weeks.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Mondays - Clean towel, clean trousers + daily shirt, socks, pants in
Tue - Thu daily shirt socks, pants in, that day's used items home
Fri - daily shirt socks, pants in, that day's used items plus trousers plus towel home

(I do leave a couple of spare pants and socks at home in case of mishaps/senior moments This Monday I forgot the shirt!!!)

All via roll up in a carrier bag in a carradice barley.

Nocode

I use one of those Eagle Creek 'Pack-It' Folders, I think this is what I've got. Although I've heard using a standard A4 folder can do a similar job.

I commute in around 3 days a week atm, and just fold my ironed shirt, trousers, underwear and socks on the morning of my commute into the Eagle Creek folder. When I get into work I unpack it all and hang in the shower room whilst I shower. My shirts actually look better and retain their creases when I cycle commute compared to when I get the hot/cramped train!

Nocode

Not that I need to use one myself, but more out of interest. How do you transport the Eagle Creek on your bike to work?

It goes into my rucksack. I keep a spare pair of shoes at work and take a towel into work once a week. I change into my cycling gear, put all my 'dirty' work clothes back into the Eagle Creek and take it home with me.

Top Bottom