Shirt to Work? How?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Schneil

Veteran
Lay the shirt on flat surface. Bring the sleeves across so they are pointing at the bottom hem. Fold in half from bottom to top. Roll from side, place in saddlebag on top of folded and rolled trousers. Been doing this for 15 years now with no problems.

Not tried it with a suit yet but may be doing so in a couple of weeks.

Rolling is the trick to crease free shirts. I button up the shirt too.
Rolling helps keep your clothes compact (I pack suitcases this way) also helps reduce any creases. My shirts are cotton, so will crease if not rolled.
My pannier contains a fresh shirt and undies daily. Monday morning and Friday evening it also has a towel and trousers (again rolled).
I leave my work shoes at work (keeps em clean) and a belt. For hygene reasons, I don't wear ties at work, but if I did, rolled again they would be

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
This.
I drop 5 ironed shirts, clean trousers and fresh towel sometime over the weekend. If i have needed to transport shirts rolling was generally better but they always look creased.
6 miles...that would be my tack. It'll take under an hour there and back

failling that, find a dry cleaners who'll clean and press shirts

Lee_M

Guru
I carry a shirt in my rucksack every time I commute, along with my laptop etc

Never had a problem with creases, unless you cram it into your bag you'll be fine.

Otherwise as someone else has already said, hang it near the shower while you get ready

Herr-B

I'm in too much of a rush to ride on a Tuesday, so I drive and take in my clothes for the rest of the week and the following Monday, bringing back anything that needs washing in my rucksack as it's needed.

OP
OP
BigBadAl

BigBadAl

Regular
Wow! So many ideas and so quickly....I'm guessing this has been discussed before?!? I am new round here! Thanks folks.

Went with an A4 hardback notebook with shirt folded around it (short sleeve) with a pedal bin liner vacuum sealed around it. I used my lungs not Henry. Perfectly acceptable solution.

I like the idea of the Eagle Creek do-dah, but it's more money on kit and since I've just signed up for £600 of C2W voucher plus some additonal stuff I'm loathe to spend much more just yet. Birthday is coming as is Christmas.:smile:

Next week I'll take two or three shirts and stuff into work on Monday (always drive in Monday anyway) and then swap stuff over as and when I have to. I'm a bridge engineer so whilst I can usually plan my days I often need the car during the day so I won't be cycling every day, which is a shame as I enjoyed today's little jaunt. (Even if it did nearly kill me!)

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
Begger me there is alot of science gone into this!

My commute is five miles. I normally make it so that I pack my clothes literally last thing before I leave the house. Fold normally and fairly loosely along with work trousers and put into standard Sainsburys carrier bag. Put inside back pack on its own (nothing else in the compartment, everything else is carried in side pockets and the shoes are left at work).

20 minute cycle ride, arrive, unpack. Never had the slightest problem.

Davidsw8

Button the shirt up (just top and bottom buttons) then fold the shirt in half vertically (down the middle of the front), bring the two arms round to the front, fold the whole thing in half horizontally and pop in a bag. I do this every day and my shirts aren't especially creased when I get to work.

Top Bottom