Shock emails

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aint Skeered

I have received a couple recently, the most graphic one yesterday.

It concerns a guy who was texting whilst driving, and hit a truck head on.
The pictures show the fire and rescue crew cutting him out.
He was literally cut in two. the last picture shows them dragging his lower half from the waist down towards the body bag.
Perhaps these should be used more often in the fight against bad driving, or perhaps not? ( not sure where the accident took place, but it was not in the UK)

i'm not sure, i'm split down the middle about that...

ChrisKH

Guru
I had to warn a teenager in her Ford Ka, with her mother sitting next to her, that it was dangerous to text whilst she was sitting in a queue at the weekend. Perhaps I should have banged the side of her car and did a Premiership footballer's dive and then rang the police. ;)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
ChrisKH said:
I had to warn a teenager in her Ford Ka, with her mother sitting next to her, that it was dangerous to text whilst she was sitting in a queue at the weekend. Perhaps I should have banged the side of her car and did a Premiership footballer's dive and then rang the police. ;)
Much better to wait till you are back up to cruising speed, then you don't get tossers shouting in the window at you.

Arch

Married to Night Train
redcogs said:
Was he dead?

I remember seeing a fly on the wall documentary about the transport police once, and they went to a case of a guy who went under a train. One cop said "Is he dead?" and the one who was looking said "Well, he's got no head..." Which seemed to suggest he was dead, yes...

I dunno about using them to shock. Not that I have any moral qualms particularly, I just think most people think it's like an episode of Casualty, and doesn't apply to them.

Trillian

remember the think adverts showing the car crash but set in the pub?

they were trying to use the shock value, but people gradually get immune to it, you only have to watch an old 18 rated film such as mad max then watch a new 15 rated film and i find that i'm wandering why the 15 is rated thus

we've gotten desesitised to the shock and gore and other shock tactics used because of how often we see them, its like my 80 year old next door neighbour, each time i take him to town "so many cars, can you believe it?"
i don't bat an eye lid because i'm used to it.

sorry for the multiple point clarification, i'm half way though essay writing.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Aint Skeered said:
I have received a couple recently, the most graphic one yesterday.

It concerns a guy who was texting whilst driving, and hit a truck head on.
The pictures show the fire and rescue crew cutting him out.
He was literally cut in two. the last picture shows them dragging his lower half from the waist down towards the body bag.
Perhaps these should be used more often in the fight against bad driving, or perhaps not? ( not sure where the accident took place, but it was not in the UK)

I had that one last week from a podcasting pal who's a trucker in the US. No indication that the driver was on a phone as the email says, but gorey none the less.

Most shocking one I had though was the Korean moped rider caught on CCTV being hit from behind by a huge artic, then run over. You know when you run over part of a carton of juice that's not quite empty and it bursts, spraying everywhere ? Yeah. Humans do that too... Very, very nasty. :biggrin:

Top Bottom