Shocking CCTV of a cyclist being pushed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wonder why he wasn't arrested.

Because since PACE was changed some time ago, it would have possibly been illegal. Every arrest has to be justified with a 'necessity' reason. When someone turns up, willing to be voluntarily interviewed about their offence, this can often remove most of those necessities.

In the end, it's all the same - he's interviewed, same evidence gathered, same charge applied.

Dommo

Veteran
According to the CtCs farcebook page this guy has handed himself onto the feds.

He went all the way to the US? ;)

J1888

Über Member
I'd be interested to know how he's received death threats - surely his name isn't in the public domain? Or is he talking about people on YouTube commenting on someone who is hitherto anonymous?

Either way, I wish the very worst in life for the cretin

I'd be interested to know how he's received death threats - surely his name isn't in the public domain? Or is he talking about people on YouTube commenting on someone who is hitherto anonymous?

Either way, I wish the very worst in life for the cretin
Someone who knows who he is has probably told someone, it probably spread around where he lives especially with all the media attention.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Are we taking bets on his defence lawyer's explanation to the court (assuming he's convicted)?

I'm going for the "moment of madness" angle, possibly with some underlying stress in his life.
farkwit.

GC

thefollen

Veteran
Awful bloke and his reaction is very unnecessary, but I almost feel sorry for him with the internet mauling he's received. Almost.

Trial by internet is brutal and unfortunate. In my view it's overly harsh- there are far worse things that go on without this coverage.

Still, on a positive I'm certain he and anyone else whose instinct is to act in a similar way may think twice in future.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Awful bloke and his reaction is very unnecessary, but I almost feel sorry for him with the internet mauling he's received. Almost.

Trial by internet is brutal and unfortunate. In my view it's overly harsh- there are far worse things that go on without this coverage.

Still, on a positive I'm certain he and anyone else whose instinct is to act in a similar way may think twice in future.

I agree. But without it being shared, it's unlikely he'd have been brought to justice.

Plax

Guru
Of course she has. Nice victim blaming there.

a) Yes he crossed the road on a red light (it is a pedestrian crossing). Bad man.
b) In the video you can clearly see him starting the cross the road WITH HIS HANDS IN HIS POCKETS. He was nearly half way across the road at the time of the altercation. Even though he is in the wrong she could have cycled more defensively - slowed to accommodate him and maybe even gone round the back rather than cut across the front of him.
c) There was absolutely no need for her to say what she did. Maybe he took his hands out of his pockets quickly thinking she was going to cycle into him and was naturally trying to "defend" from injury and she mistook this for him attempting to push her off. Who knows, but when I listened to the video when I got home I thought her tone was slightly confrontational/condescending.
e) If she did give him the finger she should have made sure she could pedal faster than he could run. Also if you've already decided that someone is a potential threat why the hell would you antagonise them further?!

He was 100% in the wrong to do what he did, but she didn't exactly behave impeccably herself. If that's victim blaming so be it.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
a) Yes he crossed the road on a red light (it is a pedestrian crossing). Bad man.
b) In the video you can clearly see him starting the cross the road WITH HIS HANDS IN HIS POCKETS. He was nearly half way across the road at the time of the altercation. Even though he is in the wrong she could have cycled more defensively - slowed to accommodate him and maybe even gone round the back rather than cut across the front of him.
c) There was absolutely no need for her to say what she did. Maybe he took his hands out of his pockets quickly thinking she was going to cycle into him and was naturally trying to "defend" from injury and she mistook this for him attempting to push her off. Who knows, but when I listened to the video when I got home I thought her tone was slightly confrontational/condescending.
e) If she did give him the finger she should have made sure she could pedal faster than he could run. Also if you've already decided that someone is a potential threat why the hell would you antagonise them further?!

He was 100% in the wrong to do what he did, but she didn't exactly behave impeccably herself. If that's victim blaming so be it.
d) ?????

Hip Priest

Veteran
This is why I always preach that it ain't worth making rude signs, gobbing off or even acknowledging chumps. You've nothing whatsoever to gain, and anything that then happens as a consequence inevitably falls on the negative side of the balance sheet.

Happened to me this morning. A driver flashed me out of a t-junction, so I pulled out, but there was traffic from the left, so I had to stop. A driver who was briefly held up by this called me a 'tosser' as he drove off. I resisted the urge to return the insult or chase him down to argue the toss, and as a result, I'd pretty much forgotten about it by the time I got to work.

Top Bottom