SHOCKING - Cyclist assaulted by gang in Manchester!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
As a victim, sorejaw will be invited to make a victim impact statement which the judge is obliged to read before passing sentence.

Sorejaw doesn't have to make a statement, and it's a matter of conjecture how much notice will be taken of it.

But the policy in recent years has been to: 'put the victim at the heart of the system'.
Speaking as a victim, the last few times I've been in court. The victim impact statement makes little difference. I've seen people coming out of confession with more serious looks on their faces.

Crankarm

Guru
From the video it looks like four over-excited teenagers, possibly drunk or drugged, just rampaging around looking for trouble then attacking at random. They look more Turkish or Kurdish to me than Asian is the widely accepted sense of South Asian as the article says.

Carefull you'll be accused of being racist by the trolls.

sidevalve

Über Member
Actually, historically, no we don't
True to some extent however this is an oft quoted 'fact' used to excuse the behavior of people who really should have been drowned at birth. Secondly the difference now is that should the 'victim' be able to defend his / herself and injure one of the poor defencless criminals in the process it will be he / she who ends up on a charge. And no I don't think the idea of 'reasonable force' is relavent. If you are attacked by one two or more thugs or even find one in the house [or bike shed] then it is they who are in the wrong, it is they who have knowingly and of their own free will crossed the line and if you get to beat them to death [as in 'the times past' refered to above] then it's their own fault and good riddance to bad rubbish.

Top Bottom