SHOCKING - Cyclist assaulted by gang in Manchester!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi & :welcome:
We live in violent times and it is only going to get worse.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I assume this is shared on social media. They will get caught. My mates relative was attacked in Hyde, young lad unprovoked, pics shared on Facebook and the idiots were caught. Get well soon.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I assume this is shared on social media. They will get caught. My mates relative was attacked in Hyde, young lad unprovoked, pics shared on Facebook and the idiots were caught. Get well soon.
I've posted it on Facebook and Twitter, as I'm sure many many more have

Fingers crossed it doesn't take long to catch em

Broken jaw is a section 21 assault (aka GBH), so depending on their ages and previous they could be looking at custodial sentences. I'd hazard a guess that none of them will be quite so cocky if they end up in young offenders and it's not four on one.

400bhp

Guru
will sorejaw's thoughts/wants play a part in sentencing?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
will sorejaw's thoughts/wants play a part in sentencing?

As a victim, sorejaw will be invited to make a victim impact statement which the judge is obliged to read before passing sentence.

Sorejaw doesn't have to make a statement, and it's a matter of conjecture how much notice will be taken of it.

But the policy in recent years has been to: 'put the victim at the heart of the system'.

Sorejaw

Regular
Hi
Glad they caught them found out they have footage of the attack aswell so fingers crossed they can't weasel out of it
Anyway screw them I'm not letting some spotty adolescent twats spoil my life, my friends planning a trip on Sustran route 7 Glagow to Inverness for a few days supposed to be nice.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Just catching up with this thread. Hi Sorejaw and :welcome:. As others have already said, it's a shame you're not joining us under better circumstances.
Anyway screw them I'm not letting some spotty adolescent twats spoil my life, my friends planning a trip on Sustran route 7 Glagow to Inverness for a few days supposed to be nice.
I like the attitude.:thumbsup:

I haven't done the route but it's one I wouldn't mind a go at. Enjoy!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi
Glad they caught them found out they have footage of the attack aswell so fingers crossed they can't weasel out of it
Welcome and GWS @Sorejaw
That route is indeed very nice: we have :sun: at the moment, don't delay your trip, it might be snowing tomorrow :rolleyes:

Vandiesel

Regular
Welcome along mate,
This has really p...ed me off and hope the scum bags get caught and banged up then shipped out! Look like Kurds to me ..
Get well soon buddy

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Look like Kurds to me ..

This is something that has been bugging me from the beginning. To me they look like typical excited adolescent lads. They certainly don't look threatening in the usual scowling, jogging pants tucked into socks, you dare look at me, hoody kind of way that you would naturally associate with this kind of behaviour. In fact I would go as far as to say they look almost well-to-do and I fully expect that somewhere are parents who have been devastated when the police came knocking and told them what their kids have been up to!

Sorry Vandiesel but I can't agree with you. They might have done something terrible but they still look like kids to me and unless they have a history of behaving like this I would hope it was a one off foolish incident that got out of hand (although they do look a bit too chirpy after the event!)

Top Bottom