Shoes MTB/Cyclo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Snorrarcisco

Regular
Even in Road terms is it usually a good idea to go one size up? Regarding your normal shoes?

I keep reading it and it seems that even cross brands the issue is the same. But what about half sizes? same applies or you can get away with just half a size gain. I am in reality a 43.5 but finding 43.5 is insane in the UK as most 9 will be just a 43. The 0.5 does make a difference. so i should be looking into 10? but the the 10 can be a 44 or 45...

Always size up?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Even in Road terms is it usually a good idea to go one size up? Regarding your normal shoes?

I keep reading it and it seems that even cross brands the issue is the same. But what about half sizes? same applies or you can get away with just half a size gain. I am in reality a 43.5 but finding 43.5 is insane in the UK as most 9 will be just a 43. The 0.5 does make a difference. so i should be looking into 10? but the the 10 can be a 44 or 45...

Always size up?
Try before you buy. :becool:

OP
OP
Snorrarcisco

Snorrarcisco

Regular
That is the issue really. I dont live anywhere near a LBS that has shoes in to try. Any of the bigger shops are miles away. Only solution is order online and keep trying till i get it right :sad:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yep it's annoying. I've been wearing 46 since I started wearing cycling shoes about 8 years ago. Both in road and MTB. I found some narrower than others but they tended to fit. Then I got some Spiuk for Xmas in a 46, no way was my foot going in there. A 47 just about fits but I've not tried them with Sealskinz socks yet.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have the same issue , i have wide feet and i struggle to get shoes that fit normal or otherwise, i have size 8 feet , 42 s and the decathlon 42 fits fine , a shimano 43 fits fine but the winter boots i bought in a 43 are tight even with thinner insoles .

Top Bottom