1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shopping list for newbie

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking, Trials and BMX' started by meadows, 13 Feb 2018 at 10:12.

1. meadows

meadows Active Member

Hi guys
    After spending some time on the road I finally caved in and joined my friends on a trail ride, which I loved so much, had so much fun. With this in mind looking at getting a bike soon, I am currently borrowing a friends Cotic he built up (which eh wont sell) anyways I have started on working up a shopping list for a hardtail. Could you guys have a look and give me pointers and what do you think a decent 2nd hand bike would cost with the criteria. The basis for the whole bike would be a decent steel frame, like the cotic or maybe the orange P7
    many thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Last edited: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:25
  2. Drago

Drago Guru

What about the frame? Far more important than everything bolted to it. Settle on the spec/materials you want first and make your shortlist from that. All the groupset bling in the World won't make a poor frame ride any better, but a brilliant frame with even a fairly mediocre group set can be a joy.

roadrash likes this.